If you rent the picnic hangar and others are using it when you arrive or they come during your reservation time period, it is up to you to inform them that you have rented/reserved it, if you would like for them to leave. You can refer them to all the posted signs and the glass case that will post your reservation.
Picnic Hangar Information
Located within Runway Park at GMU - An Aviation Themed Community Park at the
Greenville Downtown Airport (GMU)
Next to the Runway Cafe located at
21 Airport Road Ext.
Greenville, SC 29607
10 large picnic tables. One of the tables provides wheelchair access.
No grill. No electricity. No water.
Hangar rental may not be made any earlier than January 1st for any given year. For example, if you would like to reserve the shelter for July 7, 2018, you must wait until January 1, 2018 to make the reservation.
- Friday, Saturday or Sunday Rentals:
ALL RESERVATION PROCEEDS GO TO BENEFIT THE PARK.
Picnic Hangar may be reserved from 9 a.m. - noon, 12:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m. or 4 p.m. – 7 p.m.
- $75 (1/3 day) - 9 a.m. - noon, 12:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m. or 4 p.m. - 7 p.m.
- $225 (full day) - 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Monday through Thursday Rentals:
- $50 (1/3 day) - 9 a.m. to noon, 12:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m. or 4 p.m. - to 7 p.m.
- $150 (full day) - 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Please ask your guests to park in Runway Park's parking lot which is the unpaved parking lot of the right side of the park.
- Reserved area must be left clean and free of litter - this includes the complete removal of all decorations. Balloons are not permitted.
- Park amenities such as the play equipment are always open to the public and can not be reserved exclusively for a function.
- There is no vehicular access from the parking lot to the picnic hangar.
- PAYMENTS/REFUNDS: Cash or Check is preferred. PayPal and credit cards (in person, not taken over the phone) are accepted but their fees reduce the money that goes to help maintain the park. Full payment is due within 7 days of making the reservation. A one month notice of cancellation is required to receive a 50% refund. Refunds will not be given for cancellations made less than one month prior to the event (even if the reservation was made during this time). All facilities are rain or shine. Refunds will not be given for inclement weather.
- Return Check Policy - The amount of the check, along with any state allowable fees, may be collected electronically if the check is returned for non-sufficient funds.
- The renter is responsible for all damages to the hangar, picnic tables, etc.
- No food, beverages, merchandise or others services can be sold on park property
- The hitting of golf balls and flying of kites is prohibited
If you have any problems the day of your rental, please call Lara Kaufmann at 864-270-6660
To reserve the picnic hangar, please call 864-242-4777 to check that the date and time you prefer is available and then mail or bring your completed PICNIC HANGAR REQUEST FORM to the Greenville Airport Commission Office located on the 2nd floor of the Main Terminal Building located at 100 Tower Drive, Unit 2, Greenville, SC 29607 between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and noon or between 1 p.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday on non-federal holidays.
Questions? Contact Kim Bright at
Kim@GreenvilleDowntownAirport.com or call (864) 242-4777
Note: Hangar is available on a first-come, first-serve basis, unless it is reserved.