USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
You assume all potential risks associated with the COVID-19 virus transmissions
If you rent the picnic hangar and others are using it when you arrive or they come during your reservation time period, it is up to you to inform them that you have rented/reserved it, if you would like for them to leave. You can refer them to all the posted signs and the glass case that will post your reservation.
Picnic Hangar Information
Runway Park at GMU - An Aviation Themed Community Park at the Greenville Downtown Airport (GMU)
21 Airport Road Ext.
Greenville, SC 29607
10 large picnic tables. One of the tables provides wheelchair access. There is no water, grill, or electricity on site.
- Park amenities such as the play equipment are always open to the public and can not be reserved exclusively for a function.
Friday, Saturday or Sunday Rentals:
ALL RESERVATION money and donations go to the maintenance and upkeep of the park
- $75 (1/4 day): 9:00am -11:00am, 11:30am -1:30pm, 2:00pm -4:00pm, 4:30pm -6:30pm
- $300 (full day): 9:00am - 6:30pm
Monday through Thursday Rentals:
- $50 (1/3 day): 9:00am -12:00pm, 12:30pm -3:30pm, 4:00pm -7:00pm
- $150 (full day): - 9:00am -7:00pm
- Reserved area must be left clean and free of litter - includes removal of all decorations. No Balloons Allowed.
- There is no vehicular access from the parking lot to the picnic hangar.
- The renter is responsible for all damages to the hangar, picnic tables, etc.
- No food, beverages, merchandise or others services can be sold on park property
- The hitting of golf balls and flying of kites is prohibited
- If you have any problems the day of your rental, please call Ken Koch at 864-787-6782.
Cash or Check is preferred. Full payment is due within 7 days of making the reservation. A one month notice of cancellation is required to receive a 50% refund. Refunds will not be given for cancellations made less than one month prior to the event (even if the reservation was made during this time). All facilities are rain or shine. Refunds will not be given for inclement weather.
Call 864-242-4777 to check availability dates and times
Bring check or cash (preferrred) and completed PICNIC HANGAR REQUEST FORM to Greenville Airport Commission office 100 Tower Drive, Unit 2; Greenville, SC 29607 (2nd floor of main terminal building) between 8:30 am-5:00pm. Closed 1 hour for lunch 12-1pm.
Return Check Policy - Check amount, along with any state allowable fees, will be collected electronically if the check is returned for non-sufficient funds.
Questions? Contact Kim Bright at Kim@GreenvilleDowntownAirport.com or call (864) 242-4777
Note: Hangar is available on a first-come, first-serve basis, unless it is reserved.